|Official Meet Site|
|Results - Girls - Boys - from pa.milesplit.us, a Milesplit.us affiliate|
New US#1 DMR: La Salle College HS, (L-R) Assistant coach Greg Bielecki, 400 leg Anthony Kent, 800 leg Brian Ledder, 1600 leg Dan Lowry,1200 leg Pat Donnelly and Head coach Pat Devine - Photo by Rebecca Ledder
Team Titles for North Penn boys (44.5 pts to Altoona Area 32), Conestoga girls (47 pts to Easton Area 42)
(More Highlights below)
- LaSalle's boys got a 4:12.9 anchor from Dan Lowry and cut 16 seconds off their best time for US#1 10:15.89 DMR victory.
- Council Rock South sr Ije Iheoma handed Easton sr Chanelle Price a rare loss over 400, with a US#3 54.54 to 54.82
- Price, however, won her signature 800 event by 5 seconds, with a 2:09.40
- Foot Locker finalist and Central Cambria sr Carly Seymour topped fellow FL Finalist Kacey Gibson in the 3k, with a US#2 and meet record 9:54.56 to 10:09.83
- Central Bucks East sr Josh Izewski stunned with a US#2 8:30.78 3k, with Bishop Shanahan sr Chris Bodary equally suprising 8:32.69 for 2nd.
- Easton sr Abby Schaffer got over the 13-foot barrier in the PV, moving her US#4 up to 13-00.25, and nipping the meet record. Two others cleared 12-06
- North Penn's boys blitzed a US#4 7:48.99 4x800, destroying their school's own meet record from 2002. Four others between 7:56-7:59.
- US#5 200 man and Cumberland Valley sr Juan Steward nipped amazing State College soph Alex Kinney in a thriller, 21.72-21.73. Five ran 22.03 or better.
- Methacton sr Ryann Krais improved her US#6 60H mark to 8.54, also lowering the meet record. Conestoga's Whitney Winters led the semis in 8.71, then ran 8.80 in the final. Krais, who reportedly had been ill, was also 2nd in the LJ
Deep 800 corps: Carver E&S sr Elliott Rhodes leads the 800 en route to US#7 1:54.62. The North Penn trio of (L-R) Zach Montijo, Steve Franks, and Justin Bookheimer finished 2nd, 6th and 5th in the deep race. Later, joined by a 4th, would crush their school's own state meet record in the 4x800 with US#4 7:48.99 - Photo by Wendy Quintrell
More Boys Highlights
More Girls Highlights
- Carver Engineering sr Elliot Rhodes ran US#7 1:54.62 to win fast, deep 800, with 6 at 1:55.64 or better and 3 more in 1:56s.
- Already US#7 (but #2 on regulation track, low-altitude), Simon Gratz sr Khaliff Featherstone came within .01 of his PR with dominating 48.30 400
- Reading's Sheriff Jabin soared 6-10 to win HJ
- McDowell sr Dan Kwiatkowski, already US#5 at 63-00, won by 3.5 feet in 61-01.75
- Germantown Friends' Max Kaulbach took the mile in 4:15.80, with 5 under 4:21. Kaulbach also ran 3rd in 3k with 8:37.45 for a great double
- Altoona Area edged Nashaminy in a great 4x200, 1:29.68-1:29.76. Eleven teams beat 1:32.
- Carver hit a strong 3:21.07 for the 4x400 win
- Swenson soph Shanae Bailey, already US#8 24.44, took the 200 in 24.45 over Iheoma's 24.65
- US#2 putter Karen Shump won her specialty by more than 4 feet, 48-10.25 to Kaleena Gray's 44-01.75, but just missing the meet record
- Conestoga sr Whitney Winters nipped Easton's Tenesia Simpson in the 60, 7.60-7.62
- Central Bucks East got by Penn Hills in the 4x200, 1:42.39-1:42.71
- Chester cruised to victory in the 4x400 with 3:53.06
- Conestoga, already US#5 with 9:11.48, easily won the 4x800 in 9:17.87