DyeStat on-site with John Nepolitan
Eleanor Roosevelt owns the Armory: 2 US#1s, US#2 relay wins
Friday's 8:59.67 4x8 equals #2 all-time, then US#2 1:40.33 4x2, US#1 3:45.38 4x4 Saturday
|PHOTO ALBUMS |
Friday | Saturday |
Meet's Own Site
DyeStat Prior Years
|FULL RESULTS - Fri. Highlights - Fri. John Nepolitan Report - Sat. Report |
Saturday Highlights: Pair of 4x4's finish hot HS relay action
- Full story
|Maryland powers Meade boys, Eleanor Roosevelt girls capped big relay weekend at Armory with US#3 and #1 4x4s.|
Friday Highlights: Eleanor Roosevelt's 4x800 and Price's 1k - Full story
- Watertown WI sr Andrew Perkins followed the Boys 1k leaders through splits of 57.8, 1:29.6 and 2:00.2, before charging to the front and crossing the line in a US#1 2:28.64.
- A shaky final handoff was not enough to stop the Ramapo NY boys 4x200 squad, as anchor Mike Abelard took over in the final furlong and brought his team a US#3 1:29.11 victory.
- Eleanor Roosevelt MD and Boys and Girls NY staged epic duels in the 4x200 and 4x400 relays. In the 4x2, Boys and Girls put its big guns up front in an attempt to build a lead before the anchor, and with a leg to go, it looked like the strategy would work. But Eleanor Roosevelt’s Afia Charles smoked the back straight, bringing the crowd to its feet and her squad to the win, US#2 1:40.33, to Boys and Girls' 1:41.31. In the 4x400, ER anchor Tasha Stanley was staked a lead by 3rd leg Doris Anyanwu, and held on despite a hard-charging Nadonnia Rodriques from Boys and Girls. ER had their third win of the weekend, US#1 3:45.38 to Boys and Girls 3:46.25.
- The boys 4x4 saw a tight battle as well, with Meade MD and Newburgh NY going head-to-head for the entire distance. Meade anchor Dahmar Smiles would not allow Newburgh past, and went on to cross the line in US#3 3:19.56 to Newburgh’s 3:20.28.
- Classical RI senior Victoria Flowers easily took the HS girls weight throw with a 60-01.25 effort.
| || ||At left, Tasha Stanley's 2:12.1 anchor sealed the sub-9 for Roosevelt; at right, Chanelle Price is spent after her hard-driving, solo 1000 effort. |
- Eleanor Roosevelt MD, despite losing 3 sub-2:13 runners to graduation, runs their best-ever indoor 4x800, 8:59.37, to tie Suffern NY for #2 all-time. In a super race, they were followed by Benjamin Cardozo NY 9:07.69 and six others under 9:20.
- Chanelle Price PA runs to #3 all-time in 1000, 2:45.76. The 4-event national leader and multiple national champ goes out fiercely - 29.1-60.0-1:33.1-2:08.0, then 37.7 last 200.
- Classical RI sr Patrick Onye makes the best of two fair throws for a 68-09.75 and an improvement on his US#2 mark
- Morris Hills NJ 7:56.42 and Warwick Valley NY 7:56.66 lead 8 teams under 8:01 in boys 4x800.
(as of Thu. night)
Friday Feb 8
6:30 PM HS Boys 4x800
7:45 HS Girls 4x800
8:00 Junior Boys weight throw
8:25 Junior Girls 1,000 meters
Saturday Feb 9
1:39 Junior Boys 1,000
1:44 HS Girls 4x200
1:50 HS Boys 4x200
2:47 HS Girls 4x400
2:55 HS Boys 4x400
3:51 PSAL Girls 4x200
3:55 PSAL Boys 4x200
4:10 Junior Girls weight throw
Northeast Region Index