Franklin Field is on the U. of Pennsylvania campus
at 233 S. 33rd St.
Franklin Field is just across the river
from downtown Philadelphia
and very close to Amtrak's Penn Station (30th St.).
Philadelphia - Franklin Field (red star)
from the Schuylkill Expressway (I-76), which connects to the airport
PennAccess: Franklin Field
- The spectator entrance for Franklin Field events is
located off South street through Gate SL/SM, which has a ramp from the
sidewalk to the east end of the field. This is the entrance to the accessible
seating in the South Stands. The drop off/pick up area for spectators
using the accessible seating is located at the intersection of Convention
Ave. and South St. Vehicles may stop temporarily at this location. There
are curb cuts and a stop light at the intersection.
- The northwest corner of the stadium provides access
to the playing field rather than the stands.
- There are no elevators in Franklin Field.
- South concourse - men's near Gate SB, women's/unisex
near Gate SM.
- The accessible seating is in the South Stands from
goal post to goal post. There are chairs that can fold out of the
way for a wheelchair user or can serve for a companion to sit in.
All other seating areas are tiered and not wheelchair accessible.
All exits from the south concourse to the seating area on the south
side are ramped.
- Gates SL and SM have ramps up from South St. and
are always open for games and events.
- For ticket information for accessible seating call
the Ticket Office at 898-6151
Return to Penn Relays home page