Meet's own site
Preview the favorites - by Joe Hartman and Rich Gonzalez
DyeStat Prior Years coverage:
2006 - NYC
2005 - Vancouver
2004 - Indianapolis
2003 - Houston
2002 - Vancouver
2001 - Vancouver
2000 - Greensboro
course tour & conditions
See more on DyeStatCal
The Women's Jr Team for Worlds
1. Jordan Hasay, Mission College Prep HS ,Arroyo Grande CA 21:44
2. Bona Jones NC State (Estero FL prep) 21:58
3. Kari Hardt Arizona State (Queen Creek AZ prep) 22:04
4. Aurora Scott , homeschooled, Portsmouth VA 22:06
5. Jocelyn Burke U. of Iowa (Madison Edgewood WI prep) 22:16
6. Aislinn Ryan, U of Colorado (Warwick Valley NY prep) 22:19
rest of top 10
7. Kinsey Farren Bishop Lynch HS, Dallas TX 22:33
8. Keri Bland, West Va. U. (North Marion WV prep) 22:39
9. Kristen McGlynn, homeschooled, Bailey CO 22:41
10. Jessica Pixler, Seattle Pacific U., (Eastlake WA prep) 22:45
(more preps, see full results)
Men's Jr Team for Worlds
1. Elliott Heath, Winona HS, Winona MN 26:07
2. Kenny Klotz U of Oregon (Central Catholic OR prep) 26:18
3. Matt Tebo, Eldorado HS, Albuquerque NM 26:22
4. Ryan McNiff, Adams St. U. (Los Alamos NM prep) 26:23
5. Noel Bateman, Iona Coll. (Aquinas NY prep) 26:23
6. Josh Edmonds, Liberty U. (Cooperstown NY prep) 26:24
rest of top 10
7. Alex Crabill, UCLA (Charles Wright WA prep) 26:29
8. Dustin Martin, Albuquerque Academy HS, Albuquerque, NM 26:30
9. Griff Graves, Abingdon HS, Abingdon VA 26:35
10. Matthew Herzl, U of Colorado (Littleton Heritage CO prep) 26:36
(more preps see full results)
Message board thread - Go HERE
Pre- Race Video: Matt Tebo Interview - Brian Rhodes-Devey Interview - Race Preview
Western U.S. entries figure prominently in the entry lists for this year's Junior Nationals
- Past Team USA world championships meet qualifiers Kauren Tarver and Marie Lawrence joining former Foot Locker National champs AJ Acosta, Jordan Hasay & Aislinn Ryan, and FL runner-up Aurora Scott as favorites for the World Team, which competes next month in Kenya! All but Ryan and Scott hail from the FL West Region.
- As of midnight EST on Tuesday evening, there were 70 boys entries and 51 girls entries for the Juniors division, with several high-profile names in the field.
- 2004 FootLocker Nat'ls champion Aisliin Ryan of New York, and 2006 World Junior Team qualifiers Marie Lawrence of Nevada (Reno HS), and Kauren Tarver of California (Serrano HS).
- The female contingent has an especially strong prep feel to it as 36 of the 51 runners entered thus far still hold high school eligibility. Aurora Scott VA (2006 FL runnerup) and Jordan Hasay (2005 FL Champ) are two other serious prep favorites.
- 2005 FootLocker Nationals champion A.J. Acosta of California (now at the University of Oregon) leads the slate, with UO teammate Kenny Klotz another strong favorite.
- 30 of the 66 known boys affiliations are colleges (45%), with four having undiscernable affiliations at this time. Matt Tebo NM, 5th at FL Finals and 8:47 2-miler, is the top prep entry.
The full list of boys/girls entries in the Juniors division can be accessed here.
- Saturday, February 10, 2007 - times are Mountain Standard Time
- 9:00 a.m. -- Masters Women's 8 km
10:00 a.m. -- Masters Men's 8 km
11:00 a.m. -- Junior Women's 6 km
11:45 a.m. -- Junior Men's 8 km
12:30 p.m. -- Open Women's 8 km
1:15 p.m. -- Open Men's 12 km