Championship season revs up with Penn State, Series Finales
Monday, February 19. 2007
Summaries, Photos, Results from Don Rich, pa.milesplit.com
PA Results - Penn State - TFCAGP Meet of Champs - DVGTCA Meet of Champs - TSTCA Champs
Pepsi Hall of Fame Link
Highlights - DyeStat Elite Marks
| || |
| At left, O'Hara's Steve Werner posted two PA#1's, a 23-04 in the long jump, and 8.38 in the 60 hurdles. Above, Wayne Crawford of Chestnut Hill Academy upped his PA-leading shot put standard to 61-01.75. Photos Don Rich, pa.milesplit.com|
PEPSI NATIONAL HS HALL OF FAME CLASSIC at the New York Armory
- Chanelle Price and Easton moved up the national lists with a remarkable display at the PEPSI NATIONAL HS HALL OF FAME CLASSIC at the New York Armory, winning the 4x400 in a US#3 and meet record 3:52.55. (Rough splits courtesy of Anthony Rhodin of the Express-Times: Abbie Dubin-Rhodin :60-high; Jessica Dorsey :58, Tenesia Simpson :58; Chanelle Price :54 point).
- Easton also won the Sprint Medley Relay in 4:00.59, a US#1 time (Abbie Dubin-Rhodin 59-high, Jessica Dorsey 25, Tenesia Simpson 25, Chanelle Price 2:08) but was DQ'ed because Price had run in three events. The 3rd event was at the invitation of meet management, where she took the open 400 in a US#3 54.37.
- Steph Fulmer, St. Pius X, won the 2-mile in 11:27.76.
- Norristown's Gabrielle Rinehart was 2nd in the shot put, throwing 39-01.50.
- Simone Carter, West Catholic, ran 4th in the 55 dash in 7.24.
- West Catholic's girls were 5th in the finals of the 4x200 after running 1:33.51 in the prelims.
- Pottsgrove's Darin Carter won the triple jump, leaping 45-06.50.
- Peter Selby, Norristown, took 2nd in the 55 hurdles in 7.71 seconds.
- Norristown took 5th in the Invitational 4x800 in 8:04.41.
- The West Catholic boys were 5th in the 4x400, going 3:28.81.
42ND TFCAGP MEET OF CHAMPIONS
- At the 42ND TFCAGP MEET OF CHAMPIONS on Saturday, Jamar Jones posted a PA#2 1:55.96 in the 800. Five guys went under 2.
- Boyertown teammates Jason Weller and Mark Dennin went one-two in the 3000 in 8:49.54 and 9:01.43.
- O'Hara's Steve Werner posted two PA#1's, a 23-04 in the long jump, and 8.38 in the 60 hurdles.
- Coatesville won the 4x400 from the next-to-last heat in 3:29.07, while North Penn pulled off the same next-to-last heat win in the 4x800 in 8:07.09.
- Henderson ran 10:38.89 in the DMR in a race in which Weller came from way back to help Boyertown get 2nd with a 4:20 split (Henderson splits: Aldrich 3:10 off 2:01 800, Manning-Smith 55.6, Ferry 1:57.3, Jervis 4:35.5).
- Wayne Crawford of Chestnut Hill Academy upped his PA-leading shot put standard to 61-01.75.
- Cheltenham's Brandon Bing lost for the first time this season in the dash, running 7:04 as he was nipped by Penn Charter's Kashif Smith in 7:01. Bing had run 7.00 in the trials. He did win the 200 in 21.96.
| || Methacton's Ryann Krais tuned up for her four-event plan at States with some incredible performances, running a PR and PA#1 of 8.60 in the 60 hurdles. Just prior to the finals, she took her one an only long jump, and came up with a season-PR of 19-01.75. But her anchor leg of the 4x200 final was probably the most impressive performance of the night, where she split 24.9 to come back from more than 20 meters to nip Swenson at the line by just .01. Photo Don Rich, pa.milesplit.com|
PENN STATE HS INVITATIONAL
- At the PENN STATE HS INVITATIONAL, Central Dauphin senior Andrew Rotz apparently has his running legs under him after shaking off a season of basketball. He posted a PA#1 1:54.92 in the 800.
- The Harrisburg boys put it all together in the sprint relays, going 3:21.67 in the 4x400 and 1:30.50 in the 4x200.
- The Harrisburg girls ran 1:43.45 to take 2nd to Maryland's Eleanor Roosevelt in the 4x200. They also took 2nd to Roosevelt in the 4x400, going 4:01.00.
- Ryann Krais anchored Methacton was 3rd in 4:01.01. Krais took 4th in the open 400 in 56.46.
- Hughesville's Rebekah Newhart cleared a PA-leading 5-06 in the high jump.
- And Karen Shump, Penncrest, was over 48' again in the shot put.
TSTCA INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS
- The DMR's picked up the pace at the TSTCA INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS on Friday night at Slippery Rock. Norwin's girls ran 12:58.42, while the Baldwin boys ran 10:49.60.
- Hempfield's Kimberly Kanala put practice into performance with a PR of 41-05.25 in the shot put.
DVGTCA MEET OF CHAMPIONS
- With quite a few teams drawn to the banked tracks of Saturday's Penn State HS Invitational, and another big meet at the NY Armory, the field was not as crowded as many DVGTCA MEET OF CHAMPIONS in the past. But the quality, as expected, was still there Friday night.
- Methacton's Ryann Krais tuned up for her four-event plan at States with some incredible performances, running a PR and PA#1 of 8.60 in the 60 hurdles. Just prior to the finals, she took her one an only long jump, and came up with a season-PR of 19-01.75. But her anchor leg of the 4x200 final was probably the most impressive performance of the night, where she split 24.9 to come back from more than 20 meters to nip Swenson at the line by just .01.
- Swenson's star frosh Shanae Bailey was a double title winner in her first MOC, taking the 60 in 7.76 and the 200 in 25.64.
- Engineering & Science looked strong in the 4x800, going a PA#5 9:42.36. They also took 2nd to Chester in the 4x400 by 4:04.62 to 4:05.80.
- Stephanie McDougal, North Penn, cleared 12-00 to take the pole vault. She is the state leader at 12-06.
- And Archbishop Ryan's Nohjay Nimpson PRed by 7" (indoor or outdoor) in the triple jump, leaping 38-02.75 for PA#1.
- Archbishop Prendergast moved up to PA#4 in the DMR, going 12:39.89.
- The Tuesday night TSTCA HIGH JUMP MEET was cancelled because of the snow and ice.
- On Saturday at the SUSQUEHANNA OPEN at Susquehanna University, Neely Spence ran 5:09.41 to win the mile, while Lara Crofford and Marie Lamparter went one-two in the 3000 in 10:12.19 and 10:36.90, respectively.
2/16 DVGTCA Meet of Champions @ Lehigh University
4x400m -- Chester 4:04.62
4x800m -- G.W. Carver HS of Engineering & Science 9:42.36 - PA#5
4x800m -- Council Rock North 9:44.90
4x800m -- Gwynedd-Mercy Academy 9:45.28
PV McDougal, Steph North Penn 12-00.00
PV Worthen, Tory Council Rock South 11-03.00
LJ Krais, Ryan Methacton 19-01.75
LJ Lloyd, Tanaya Girard College HS 18-03.50
TJ Nimpson, Nohjay Archbishop Ryan 38-02.75, PR by 7" in/out
TJ Gillen, Ali Central Bucks East 36-06.00
SP Gray, Kaleena Coatesville 43-06.00
SP Moses, Vanita Neshaminy 40-03.75
60H Krais, Ryan, 11 Methacton, 8.60
DMR Archbishop Prendergast, 'A', 12:39.89
2/16 TSTCA Indoor Championships @ Slippery Rock University
PV: Sean Gil, North Allegheny 14-09.00
SP: Kanala,, Kimberly Hempfield 41-05.25
SP: Hambrick,, Jade North Allegheny 41-03.25
SP: Veres,, Denes Riverside 58-08.00
SP: Banks,, Weston Hempfield 56-02.00
SP: Clegg,, C.J. Hempfield 55-07.50
2/17 42nd TFCAGP Meet of Champions @ Lehigh University
60m Bing, Brandon Cheltenham 7.00
60m Smith, Kashif Penn Charter 7.01
200m Bing, Brandon Cheltenham 21.96
800m Jones, Jamar Engineering & Sc 1:55.96
800m Rhodes, Elliott Germantown Academy 1:56.81
800m Lobb, Andrew West Chester Ea 1:58.58
3000m Weller, Jason Boyertown 8:49.54
4x800m -- North Penn 8:07.09
4x800m -- LaSalle College High School 8:11.91
HJ Pittenger, James Wm Tennent 6-06.00
LJ Werner, Steve Cardinal O\\\'Hara 23-04.00
LJ Coberly, Nick Pennridge 22-09.75
LJ Formica, Vince Central Bucks So 22-09.50
LJ Donnelly, Colin Central Bucks So J 22-09.50
SP Crawford, Wayne Chestnut Hill 61-01.75
DMR Henderson 'A' 10:38.89
DMR Boyertown 'A' 10:42.39
DMR Upper Dublin 'A' 10:44.85
2/17 Penn State High School Invitational @ Penn State University
400 Stanley, Tasha- 11 Eleanor Roosevel 55.36 8
400 Hilaire, Elan 11 Eleanor Roosevel 55.37 8
400 Clayton, Jennifer 09 Suffern 56.27 8
400 Krais, Ryann 11 Methacton 56.46
Mile Greany, Shelby 10 Suffern 5:05.07
3000 Walker, Marika 12 Eleanor Roosevel 10:07.90
3000 Meholick, Kassie 12 Cedar Cliff 10:21.26
3000 Simonetti, Sarah 11 Pennridge 10:27.37�
60H Houseknecht, Rachel 12 Hughesville 8.90
60H Winters, Whitney 11 Conestoga 9.06
4x200 Eleanor Roosevelt 1:39.36 5
4x200 Harrisburg 1:43.45 5
4x200 Suffern 1:44.37
4x400� Eleanor Roosevelt 3:44.34 4
4x400 Harrisburg 4:01.00 4
4x400 Methacton 4:01.01 4
4x400 Suffern 4:03.12
HJ Newhart, Rebekah 12 Hughesville 5-06.00
PV� Acker, Alexandra 12 McDowell 11-09.00
SP Shump, Karen 11 Penncrest 48-08.75 14.85m
SP Howard, Lynette 12 Altoona 40-10.25
200 Steward, Juan 11 Cumberland Valle 22.01 12
200 Suber, Sean 12 DeMatha Catholic 22.04 12
200 Figueroa, Nino 11 J.P. McCaskey 22.45 12
200 Cooper, Jr., Michael 12 DeMatha Catholic 22.48
400 Suber, Sean 12 DeMatha Catholic 49.25 12
400 Sargeant, Chad 12 Neshaminy 49.47 12
400 Sykes, Taylor 09 DeMatha Catholic 49.68 12
400 Potts, Joshua 11 Harrisburg 50.30
800 Rotz, Andrew 12 Central Dauphin 1:54.92
800 Wandell, Peter 12 State College 1:57.49
800 Foster, Lloyd 11 DeMatha Catholic 1:57.99
60H Myers, Brice 12 McDowell 8.17
4x200 Harrisburg 1:30.50 5
4x200 Neshaminy 1:30.61 5
4x200 J.P. McCaskey 1:30.74 4
4x200 Glen Mills Sch 1:31.11 5
4x200 McDowell 1:31.38 3
4x200 Altoona 1:32.48
4x400 Harrisburg 3:21.67 5
4x400 DeMatha Catholic 3:23.21 5
4x400 Neshaminy 3:24.09 5
4x400 J.P. McCaskey 3:26.23 4
4x400 Cumberland Valley 3:26.35 4
4x400 McDowell 3:26.36 4
4x400 Penncrest 3:27.30 3
4x400 Holy Ghost Preparatory Sch 3:27.36
4x800 Great Valley 8:02.63
4x800� State College 8:11.39
TJ McCloud, Garner 12 Kiski Area 46-04.00 14.12m
TJ Johnson, Darren 12 Glen Mills Sch 45-11.25 14.00m
TJ� Spencer, Semaj 10 Glen Mills Sch 45-01.50
SP Noce, Chad 12 McDowell 56-02.00 17
2/17 Pepsi National HS Hall of Fame Classic @ NY Armory
400 Price, Chanelle Easton Area 54.37
4x200 West Catholic 'A' 1:44.51q
4x200 Norristown Area 'A' 1:45.92
4x200 Norristown Area 'A' 1:31.66
4x400 Easton Area 'A' 3:52.55 � 1�
4x400 Hempstead 'A' 4:00.07
SMR Easton Area 'A' X4:00.59
4x800 Norristown Area 'A' 8:04.41
TJ Carter, Darin Pottsgrove 45-06.50
Susquehanna Open @ Susquehanna University
Mile Spence, Neely Cumberland Valley Athletic Club (Shippensburg) 5:09.41
3000m Crofford, Lara Cumberland Valley Athletic Club (Big Spring) 10:12.19
3000m Lamparter, Marie Cumberland Valley Athletic Club (Carlisle) 10:36.90
Northeast Region Index Page