From: John Moriello [[email protected]]
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 1999 9:54 PM
To: Track and field Listserv
Subject: t-and-f: Dueling H.S. national meets

Just for grins, I scored the marks of the two national h.s. meets on a 10-8-6-4-2-1 basis. I’m missing the boys and girls racewalks and the
boys TJ from Columbus, but my unofficial scores are:

BOYS: Boston 295, Columbus 263
GIRLS: Boston 327, Columbus 262

(Editor's Note: Boston was better in walks, Columbus in boys TJ)

With all advantages that familiarity should have brought the National Scholastic meet, I thought the Boston organizers would have piled up a
larger scoring advantage. Instead, it looks as though Columbus was only about two above-average schools away from scoring an upset victory its first time out.

My best guess is that the Boston folks had better get their act together soon or they’re going to be toast in 2000, by which time Mike Byrnes,
Jim Spier and the gang could have commitments from even more schools than they snagged on their first try.

John Moriello
http://www.frontiernet.net/~moriello/
[email protected]
[email protected]

This Web site is maintained by DyeStat Track and Field
John Dye [email protected]

301-293-2601 (voice or fax), 11117 Church Hill Rd., Myersville MD 21773
Material Copyright 1998-1999