From: [email protected] (Dave Cameron)

Subject: t-and-f: IL HS XC

Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 14:34:36 -0600 (CST)

The Illinois HS XC State meet(s) were yesterday.   I watched.   As

a result, I don't have the complete results, but I do know the

high points:

For the girls AA, Rebecca Mitchell, a sophomore from Geneva, won

in 11:19 (2.1 miles - flat course) - only 3 seconds off the course

and state record.   2nd was Tera Moody, (junior) in 11:27.   St.

Charles won the team title.

For the boys, Jorge Torres (5th in foot locker last year) won in

14:15 - fastest time in 10 years.   It is a 3 mile course, but

flat & fast.   Torres is a junior.   2nd was Don Sage(Soph from

Elmhurst York under tutelage of Joe Newton) in 14:22.   The highly

touted Mark Pilja, who doubled to win the 1600/3200 in 4:14/9:00

in the state meet last year for track, placed 4th in 14:32, getting

passed by Adam Wallace of Deerfield.    The course record is 13:50

set by Craig Virgin in '72.   Torres time would probably only

be about the 10th-15th best on the course.   I can find out exactly

if anyone cares.    Lockport won the team title 134-135 over York.

Torres' team (Wheeling) took third.

Results will soon be at www.ihsa.org

Dave Cameron

[email protected]

p.s.:   Torres' twin (Eduardo) was 7th in 14:39

About DyeStat | High School USA | DyeStat HomePage | Links | MPSSAA | Records | Results | Schedule | Scholar | Search | Train | Views | Youth |

This document is maintained by [email protected]
Material Copyright � 1997 John Dye

This Web site is maintained by DyeStat Track and Field
John Dye [email protected]

301-293-2601 (voice or fax), 11117 Church Hill Rd., Myersville MD 21773
Material Copyright 1998-1999