Northeast Region News
- 3/4/07 - New England Championships - 3 US top 6 marks - Becky O'Brien ME 46-03 SP, Glastonbury CT girls 9:17.04 4x8, Kris Haynes VT 1:21.41 600
- 3/3/07 - Armory Open Meet Surprise - Centrowitz 4:08.55 Mile
- 3/3/07 - NY State Meet -
- 2/27/07 - Eastern States Championships - Terrell Wilks CT and Lindsay Rowe NY were among those making significant improvements in the sprints/hurdles at Eastern States.
- 2/24/07 - PA State Meet - Chanelle Price's Stunning Quadruple
- 2/24/07 - NJ All-Group Meet of Champions - Colts Neck Rules Distance - Ashley Higginson, Craig Forys US#1 3200m in 10:26.53 and 9:03.58
- 2/23/07 - MA MIAA All-State - Newton South soph Bridget Dahlberg 4:52.11 mile, Westwood sr Jeff Moriarty 2:27.02 1000
- 2/21/07 - Ed Grant's NJ All-Group Preview - Doug Smith, Jillian Smith, Jahlisa Smith (and Forys, Tauro, Higginson) the big names in distance
- 2/20/07 - PA Pennsylvania Report - Recapping the start of championship season with Don Rich.
- 2/19/07 - ME Maine State Meet - Abby Iselborn's 5:03.47 mile beats '85 record
- 2/17/07 - NY Pepsi Hall of Fame Classic - Chaminade's Ryan McDermott - US#1 B-2-Mile in speedy 9:11.90
- 2/17/07 - MA MIAA Div II Championships - Ryan Collins US#2, Paul Corcoran US#3 B-2Mile - 9:15.58 and 9:16.09
- 2/17/07 - CT Open Indoor - Jessica Sullivan sets CT state record 11-06.00 PV, Staples Boys 4x400 do too in 3:31.25
- 2/15/07 - NJ Group Championships - NJ soph Doug Smith US#1 9.08.01 3200m on first day
- 2/10/07 - NY CHSAA Indoor City Championships - Phyllis Francis US#1 600m, Walter Henning US#4 SP
- 2/10/07 - VT Vermont State Indoors - Kris Haynes breaks own 3-time state 600m record in 1:23.57
- 2/8/07 - MA TriCounty Champsionships - Xaverian sr Mark Amirault -- US#3 2-Mile -- 9:17.90
- 2/8/07 - CT Connecticut Indoor Championships
- 2/7/07 - NJ Ed Grant's Report - Bond, Apwah, Bruno and Vassell join Tauro in NJ headlines
- 2/3/07 - NY New Balance Collegiate - Nine US#1s in 11 events, including Sean Holston VA 33.21 (#2 all-time) and Eleanor Roosevelt 9:01.17 girls 4x800 (#4 all-time).
- 2/3/07 - NHIAA Class L - Merrimack boys and Bishop Guertin Girls
- 2/2/07 - MA - MSTCA Invitational - Arantxa King jumps US#3 19-03.50, Robert Gibson US#5 2-mile in 9:26.76
- 2/2/07 - NY Millrose Games - Danielle Tauro (again) 4:52.81 and Jason Weller 4:15.81 HS Mile
- 2/2/07 - NHIAA Class IMS Track&Field State Championships - jr Anna Cioffredi repeat triples 55, 300, and LJ
- 1/28/07 - MA Reebok Boston Indoor - Duncan Phillips (TX) has huge PR, wins US#1 Mile in 4:09.20.
- 1/28/07 - MA Bob McIntyre Relays - Lincoln Sudbury Girls run US#1 4x800 in 9:18.21
- 1/27/07 - CT Southern Connecticut Coaches Invitational
- 1/26/07 - MA BU Terrier Classic - Bri Jackucewicz NJ 17:19.05, Arantxa King MA 40-06 TJ
- 1/24/07 - PA Don Rich summarizes the action
- 1/20/07 - NY 12th Annual New Balance Games - Big Miles for Moen, Tauro, Webb... Dalilah Muhammed blazes 400
- 1/19/07 - CT Yale Interscholastic T&F Classic - Murdock and Davidson run to US#1 marks
- 1/19/07 - PA DVGTCA Indoor Meet at Lehigh U - Karen Shump PA US#1 49-04.25 Shot Put
- 1/6/07 - NY Southern Tier Invite - Ashley Hendrix US#3 19-00 long jump, Elizabeth McMahon 4:47.20 1500
- 1/6/07 - NY Hispanic Games - 4 US#1 records, 2 Millrose Mile Qualifiers - On site with John Nepolitan
- 1/5/07 - NH Dartmouth Relays - Walter Henning NY Sets Another USR 86-02 in 25 lb. Weight Throw
- 12/30/06 - Southern Maine New Year's Relays - Taye Brothers Sizzle - Ayalew 4:16.63, Sintayehu 4:19.79
- 12/29/06 - F.I.T. Relays MD - Sean Holston VA 1:03.93/6.41 500/55 double
- 12/29/06 - PA Burdette Classic - Easton PA jr and NON Champ Chanelle Price sizzles 2:08.76 800
- 12/29/06 - RI Brown Invitational - Scotia-Glenville NY's Caroline King wins a fast mile in a US#1 4:55.56
- 12/27/06 - Seton Hall Invitational NJ - Chester Girls 4:10.57 SMR
- 12/27/06 - NY Marine Corps Classic - Blazing 800s and DMRs.
- 12/24/06 - Don Rich's PA Report-Good marks for Joe Berry, Wayne Crawford, Ryann Krais, Karen Shump
- 12/22/06 - NY NCHSAA Classic - Walter Henning 60-05.5 - DyeStat MVP opens season ... in the shot.
- 12/22/06 - NY Jim Mitchell Invitational, Greenwich NY girls run a HSR 19:16.43 4x1500.
- 12/22/06 - Ed Grant's New Jersey Report Indoor season starts with four big Jersey wins at Bishop Louglin
wrapping up XC
- 12/16/06 - Northeast News - Fast distance runs by FL Finalists
- 12/16/06 - NY 53rd Bishop Loughlin Games - DyeStat on site at The Armory
- 12/13/06 - PA Highlights Weeks of 12/2-12/9 by Don Rich
- 12/11/06 - PA Coatesville's Men in Black - Don Rich's feature on NTN Champs
- 12/09/06 - Ed Grant's New Jersey Report - Reviewing All-State selection process.
- 12/6/06 - Footlocker Gallery of Finalists - NE Boys - NE Girls- pix, bio and stats of NE finalists.
- 12/2/06 - Northeast Teams Dominate NTNs! - Fayetteville-Manlius NY girls - Coatesville PA boys
- 12/1/06 - NTN Northeast Preview - NTN has been a fantabulous meet for the Northeast - more to come in 2006, says regional editor Tom Cuffe
- 11/27/06 - Danielle Tauro to miss FL Finals - Digitalsports.com reports she has been diagnosed with Rhabdomyolysis.
- 11/24/06 - Foot Locker Prior Years Northeast - See 10 years of DyeStat coverage of Foot Locker.
- 11/23/06 - Steveu's Foot Locker Northeast Picks - Forys over Gruenewald; Neely Spence could surprise
- 11/23/06 - Week 11 NTN Northeast rankings - Fayetteville-Manlius NY girls confirm #1 rank by beating Hilton and Saratoga again in New York Federation meet. Shen boys win Feds to hold #2. Colts Neck NJ girls move from 5th to 2nd with strong win in NJ Meet of Champions.
- 11/19/06 - NTN Selection Sunday #3 - Coatesville PA boys, Shenendehowa NY boys, Fayetteville-Manlius NY girls, Colts Neck NJ girls - 4 Northeast region automatic bids go out , leaving only 8 of 40 slots open for the big races Dec. 2 in Portland OR. (4 California and final 4 at large bids go out next Sunday).
- 11/18/06 - NY Federation Meet - Fayetteville-Manlius girls confirm their new NTN Northeast #1 ranking by repeating their public schools win over NE#2 Hilton and NE#3 Saratoga Springs. Other winners are NE#2 Shenendehowa boys, Tommy Gruenewald and Hannah Davidson. (Steve Underwood on-site)
- 11/18/06 - NJ Meet of Champs - Craig Forys 15:16 breaks Holmdel Park course record. Danielle Tauro 17:47 and NE#5 Colts Neck 80 are girls winners. (John Nepolitan on-site)
- 11/18/06 - Massachusetts MIAA All-State Meet - Biggest winners at Northfield Mountain: Ryan Collins CR 15:49, Emily Jones 18:39 and Bromfield girls, Brockton boys
- 11/18/06 - PA Last Gasp Classic - Coatesville boys, Radnor girls show their talents.
- 11/17/06 - Danielle Tauro Check out this special career highlight vid of miler/harrier Marc Davis video
- 11/17/06 - Week 10 NTN Northeast rankings - Fayetteville-Manlius NY girls rise from 5th to 1st after winning New York public schools championship
Oct 16 - Nov 15
- 11/11/06 - Foot Locker Favorites Update 2 - November update of Steve Underwood's regional rankings for Midwest and Northeast.
- 11/11/06 - NJ Group champs w/pix - Grp4 girls Danielle Tauro 18:06, A. Higginson 18:10; Craig Forys 15:31 wins by :31 for boys.
- 11/11/06 - NYSPHSAA champs (John Nepolitan on-site) - Stunners in AA: Boys: Steve Murdock over Tommy G. to lead Shen's victory. Girls: NE#5 Fay-Man 67, #2 Hilton 71, #1 Toga 73; Allison Sawyer 17:36 over Hannah Davidson.
- 11/11/06 - New England champs - 6th man breaks tie as NE#3 Danbury CT beats #5 Glastonbury (Donn Cabral 15:29). NE#6 North Kingstown RI girls beaten by Hanover NH (Georgia Griffin 18:31).
- 11/10/06 - Week 9 NTN Northeast rankings - Liverpool boys move into 6th - Coatesville PA boys, Saratoga NY girls still #1
- 11/8/06 - NJ Ed Grant's New Jersey Report - Tauro debuts and will face Colts Neck pair in group championship
- 11/4/06 - RI State Meet - N. Kingston girls (NE#9), boys sweeps titles; Victories for Andrew Palumbo, Jean Christensen
- 11/4/06 - PA State Meet - NE#1 Coatesville boys raise best-PA-ever question with 26 pts.; Jason Weller beats Paul Springer for AAA win. NE#3 Radnor girls win by 21.
- 11/4/06 NH - NHIAA Cross Country Meet of Champions - Hanover Girls (47-122) over Manchester West, Con-Val boys edge out Merrimack 97-105
- 11/4/06 - Maine State Meet - Mt. Desert Girls in B; Lisbon Boys win C, and more
- 11/3/06 - Connecticut Open - NE#3 US#15 Danbury boys 74, NE#7 Glastonbury 78 in seesaw battle decided by 5th runner.
- 11/3/06 - Week 8 NTN Northeast rankings - Status quo - Coatesville PA boys, Saratoga NY girls still #1
- 10/27/06 - Week 7 NTN Northeast rankings - Coatesville PA boys move up to #1 after Collegiate NY loss at Brown; Saratoga girls still #1
- 10/21/06 - NTN Northeast week 7 - Tom Cuffe's review of top teams' action.
- 10/21/06 Brown Invitationall - Great American champ and NE#1 Collegiate NY 128 falls to NE#5 Smithtown NY 72 and NE#9 Glastonbury CT 87.
- 10/20/06 - Week 6 NTN Northeast rankings - Saratoga NY girls #1 again - Manhattan performances also move Smithtown NY and Shaker NY boys into top 10.
- 10/19/06 -NJ - Ed Grant's New Jersey Report
- 10/17/06 NJ - Monmouth Cross Country Championships Colt's Neck Girls, Christian Brothers Academy Boys
- 10/16/06 - NTN Northeast Week 6 Report - Manhattan was the feature event, but some boys teams were missing
Sept - Oct 15
- New Jersey report March 17 - Ed Grant reports on the two national indoor meet
- Mar 4 - New York State Meet - 146 DyeStat Elite performances.
Girls Highlights: Suffern sr. Kara McKenna 4:35.22 1500m, Bellport jr. Brittany Sheffey 2:51.39 1000m (Kristy Longman 2:51.44), Hillcrest sr. Makalia Griffith 1:34.18 (Sarah McCurdy 1:34.28), New Rochelle sr. Lynne Layne 6.97 55m/18-11.5 LJ, Warwick Valley sr. Aislinn Ryan 9:44.53 3k (Lindsay Ferguson 10:00.51)
Boys Highlights: Webster Schroeder sr. Gary Jones US#1 50-1 TJ (Kyle Anthony 48-1.75), Hempstead sr. Alie Beauvais US#2 1:20.21 (Lionel Williams 1:20.91), Saratoga Springs jr. Stephen Murdock 9:10.33 3200.
- Mar 3 - New England Interscholastic Champs - John Carroll's Meet Report - Westerly RI sr. Samantha Garwych US#2 1:30.87 & anchors Westerly 9:16.52 4x800, Wilton CT sr. Kerri Lyons 2:53.38 1000m, Amity CT sr. Corey Mosley US#2 2:28.06 1000m, Gulliford CT sr. Jay Koloseus 9:18.47 2-mile, Xaverian MA 7:56.09 4x800, Bonny Eagle ME sr. John Wiechman 57-9 SP - 130 DyeStat Elite Marks
- Feb 28 - Eastern States Championships - 255 DyeStat Elite performances, one of highest quality meets of the season..
- Feb 24 MA -- MIAA All-State Champs - Reggie Lewis Ctr., Roxbury - 92 DyeStat Elite Marks - Marshfield sr. Haley Catarius US#1 1:33.30 600m; Xaverian jr. Mark Amirault 4:11.94 mile, Dennis-Yarmouth jr. Colleen Weatherbee 4:54.88 mile, Medford jr. Arantxa King 19-5.5 LJ/7.14 60m, Marblehead sr. Teddi Curtis 5-8 HJ, Northhampton sr. Sarah Wernick 39.30 300m.
- Feb. 19 MA -- USATF New England Champs - Harvard U., Cambridge -
Cushing Acad. sr. Ayalew Taye 8:29.56 3000m (soph. brother Sintayehu 8:44.85), Nashua North NH sr. John Schroeder 4:15.62 mile, Manchester Central NH soph. Matt Paulson 1:56.28 800 (sr. teammate Alex Hall 1:56.60).
- Feb 20 ME --
State Meet - Class A @ U. of Southern Maine - Scarborough girls, Bonny Eagle boys win titles. Class B @ Bates College - Falmouth boys, Greely girls.
- Feb 25 PA -- PTFCA State Meet - Penn St. U., State College. Results
Boys: North Penn tops Simon Gratz for title. Manheim Twp. sr. Craig Miller US#1 8:22.65 3k (Jake Walker 8:30.35), Chichester's Carington Queen US#2 7.89 60H, North Penn 7:53.73 4x800.
Girls: West Catholic dominates. WC's LaTavia Thomas US#1 2:09.70 800 (Chantelle Price 2:10.57) and Kneshia Sheard 54.88 400, Center's Allyn Laughlin 47-9.5 (two others above 45).187 DyeStat Elite Marks
Shot at the Top: PA's Girls SP Power SurgeFeb 25 NY -- PSAL Championships - New York Armory - 35 DyeStat Elite Marks - Team titles to Transit Tech boys (US#2 1:29.08 4x2 and 3:20.54 4x4) and Boy & Girls (US#4 3:52.48 4x4). Hillcrest sr. Makalia Griffith US#1 1:30.81 600m, Transit Tech sr. Clemore Henry 1:20.62 600m, South Shore's Rodney Campbell 34.52 300m,
- NY -- Section Meets - Various dates, locations - Bellport jr. Brittany Sheffey 2:50.26 1000m Section 11 (Feb. 14). Saratoga Springs Steve Murdock 9:11.54 and Greg Kelsey 9:12.48 3200s in Section 2 (Feb. 18 on 173-yard "square" track).
- Feb. 21 NY -- Section 3 Select - Manley - Fayetteville-Manlius jr. Tommy Gruenewald US#1 9:06.27 3200m.
- Feb. 18 VT -- Vermont State Meet - Norwich - Titles to Essex boys and Fair Haven Union girls. Doubles for Lamoille jr. Lucy Higgins 300-600, Champlain Valley jr. Melanie McCormack 1600-3200, Missisquoi jr. John Brueckner 1000-1600.