| || |
USA Junior National Championships
June 20-22, 2008 at Jesse Owens Stadium, Ohio State U., Columbus OH
DyeStat on-site with Steve Underwood and John Nepolitan
DyeStat coverage since 1998
2007 - 2006 - 2005 - 2004 - 2003 to 1998
Bryshon Nellum CA
45.38 400m US#1
William Wynne GA
49.70 400H US#2 all time
Jordan Hasay CA
4:16.98 1500m US#4 all time
Walter Henning NY
241-05 HT USR
photos by Davey except Henning by John Dye
Ryann Krais PA
5377 hep US#4 all time
1500 - A.J. Acosta (U. Oregon), left
edges Matt Centrowicz MD by 0.01
Jessica Beard OH
repeats in 52.12 400m
Shana Woods CA
wins heptathlon in 5533 USR - by Vic Sailer
AJ Acosta CA 3:45.95 1500
edges Andrew Bumbalough, with Ohio jr Sam Borchers a shocker in 3rd 3:46.32 - by Davey
Gabby Mayo NC doubles
Below, 22.88 +0.9 (Bianca Knight MS 22.94). That was US#6t all time for Gabby to go with her US#5 all time 11.16 - by Vic Sailer
Marie Lawrence NV
10:15.26 3k steeple MR - by Kirby Lee
- Nicole Blood NY 16:30.90 5000m,
- Karjuan Williams LA 1:50.88 800,
- Becca Noble WA 2:03.73 800m (Sarah Bowman 4th),
- Nicole Leach PA 57.25 400H (Krystal Cantey 57.66),
- Robert Rands NE 24-7 LJ,
- Chelsea Taylor CO 5-10 HJ.
- Alexandria Anderson IL 22.96 200m in 2nd is fastest HS time of year.
- Caitlin Chock crushes 5k field in 16:10.60 - new national record!
- Galen Rupp beats Josh McDougal by 9 seconds in 5k.
- Brittany Daniels smashes TJ record with Beamonesque 44-11.75!
- Nick Owens 244-4 HT USR
- Lashawn Merritt doubles 200-400.
- Allyson Felix wins 200.
- Jessica Eldridge edges Sarah Bowman and Erin Bedell in womens 1500.
- Kevin Craddock wins 110H.
2003 - Most outstanding athletes are Shalonda Solomon (sprint double in 11.40 and 23.37),
Kenneth Ferguson (hurdles double in 13.60 and 50.70), and Molly Huddle (9:19.52 MR in 3000m)
2002 - Palo Alto CA -
- Sanya Richards doubles over Allyson Felix and Monique Henderson.
- Donovan Kilmartin runs away with decathlon title.
- Bershawn Jackson beats Kenneth Ferguson in 400H.
- Richard Smith wins 800
- Chris Lukezic wins 1500.
2001 - Richmond VA
2000 - Denton TX
1999 - Denton TX
1998 - Edwardsville IL
Junior Nationals index page