|LSU High School Indoor Classic|
Maddox Fieldhouse, LSU, Baton Rouge LA
200-meter unbanked tartan track
Fri. and Sat., January 11-12, 2008
|Meet's own site|
Prior Years on DyeStat
Friday - Saturday
Sharp openers for Parson, Laurent Day 2 Highlights
Day 1 Highlights
- San Antonio Blazers/Stevens TX jr Rynell Parson zipped to a US#1 6.25 55 dash, and anchored his club to a 1:28.38 4x200 (not a HS team, but fastest by a club 4-some this season).
- Vanderbilt Catholic sr and Louisana legend pole vaulter Rachel Laurent gave an exciting hint of what's to come with a US#2 and meet record 13-02, just a half-inch off her indoor PR. She gave 13-09 a shot, too.
- New Iberia Catholic fr Morgann Lelaux, who went 12-00 as an 8th-grader last year, also PR'd at 12-04, and just missed a US freshman record 12-10.
- Texas Storm/Clearbrook TX sr Erica Alexander doubled up on the competition with a 7.04 55/57.81 400 sweep
- Dallas Greyhounds/Temple TX jumper Harry Shepard won the HJ in 6-8, tying the best US mark of the year.
- Titans TC/McEachern GA sr William Wynne hit a US#2 7.34 55H in the prelims, but false-started in the final as Marchello Sinkfield won in 7.56.
- Wings TC/Hightower TX sr Robert Simmons, top US outdoor 400 returnee at 46.40, won the fast heat of the 400 in 49.53, but ... San Antonio Blazers/San Antonio Marshall TX's Joey Roberts took a later heat in 49.06 to win overall, a fine flat track mark.
- Throw 1 Deep's Lauren Chambers (Kell HS, Marietta GA) takes the shot in a track and meet record 45-05
- St. Thomas Aquinas LA soph and state XC champ Malia Cali runs to a meet record 11:06.93 3200, winning by more than a minute
- Rio Grande City TX jr Stephen Saenz fired the shot a US#4 59-04.75
- Smith Station' ALs Spencer Ferguson nips Highland Park TX sr Patrick Todd in the 800, 1:58.81-1:58.95
- The San Antonio Blazers, featuring 21.62 man (10.23 outdoor 100) man Rynell Parson, lead 4x200 qualifying in 1:30.29.
| ||LSU's Maddox Fieldhouse facility has hosted the LSU High School Classic since 1978 - Photo courtesy LSU|
5:00 PM Shot Put Girls Trials and Final 10
5:00 PM Triple Jump Boys Trials and Final 10
7:30 PM Shot Put Boys Trials and Final 10
7:30 PM Triple Jump Girls Trials and Final 10
6:00 PM 4x200 Relay Girls Preliminaries 7
6:40 PM 4x200 Relay Boys Preliminaries 7
7:20 PM 3200 Meters Girls Final (Heats Against Time)
7:40 PM 3200 Meters Boys Final (Heats Against Time)
8:20 PM 800 Meters Girls Final (Heats Against Time)
8:40 PM 800 Meters Boys Final (Heats Against Time)
11:00 AM Pole Vault Girls Final
11:00 AM High Jump Girls Final
11:00 AM Long Jump Boys Trials and Final 10
3:00 PM High Jump Boys Final
3:00 PM Long Jump Girls Trials and Final 10
3:00 PM Pole Vault Boys Final
12:00 PM 4x200 Relay Girls Final
12:05 PM 4x200 Relay Boys Final
12:10 PM 1600 Meters Girls Final (Heats Against Time)
12:35 PM 1600 Meters Boys Final (Heats Against Time)
1:10 PM 55 Meter Hurdles Girls Semifinal 10
1:30 PM 55 Meter Hurdles Boys Semifinal 10
1:50 PM 55 Meters Girls Semifinal 10
2:35 PM 55 Meters Boys Semifinal 10
3:20 PM 400 Meters Girls Final (Heats Against Time)
4:10 PM 400 Meters Boys Final (Heats Against Time)
5:00 PM 55 Meter Hurdles Girls Final
5:05 PM 55 Meter Hurdles Boys Final
5:10 PM 55 Meters Girls Final
5:15 PM 55 Meters Boys Final
5:20 PM 4x800 Relay Girls Final (Heats Against Time)
5:50 PM 4x800 Relay Boys Final (Heats Against Time)
6:25 PM 4x400 Relay Girls Final (Heats Against Time)
7:00 PM 4x400 Relay Boys Final (Heats Against Time)
South Region Index