Official meet website
Prior Years on Dyestat:
Field eventers Whitt, Baillio leave all-time marksJack Whitt #5 a-t 18-00.25 PV, Hayden Baillio #6 a-t 72-02.25 SP12 more US#1's, including 3 by LB Poly CA girls relays, double #1's by
Texans Marquise Goodwin (LJ/TJ) & Chelsey Sveinsson (1600/3200)
Bert Richardson Galleries
- Field Events
- Distances/Distance Relays
- Sprints/Sprint Relays
|Vaulter Jack Whitt OK and shot putter Hayden Baillio TX climbed way up the all-time lists at the '09 Texas Relays.|
Photos by Bert Richardson
Saturday Highlights - Friday Highlights
- Whitesboro TX sr Hayden Baillio bombs US#1 72-02.25 SP for a stadium record (but not a meet record: 74-07.50 Michael Carter 1979) and #6 all-time shot put. The mark, longest in 19 years, defeated indoor US#1 Stephen Saenz (Rio Grande City TX sr), second at 68-11.50.
- Dayton TX sr Cameron LaCour lowers his own US#1 for 110H all the way down to a meet record 13.48 (1.9), leading Lancaster TX juniors Tyler Stephenson (13.80) and Kendall Hayes (13.90) under 14 seconds.
- Converse Judson TX sr Christina Holland takes a windy 100H final, clocking the fastest time of the season in any conditions with her 13.87w (2.2) victory.
- Greenhill TX super soph Chelsey Sveinsson collects her second US#1 of the weekend, blazing to a 4:46.47 in the girls 1600. Mercedes TX sr Alex De La Garza wins the boys 1600 in 4:15.77 over CJ Jessett (Katy Seven Lakes TX sr) 4:16.21.
- Rowlett TX leaper Marquise Goodwin picks up his second US#1 horizontal mark of the weekend, spanning 49-10.50 (1.2) to win the triple jump, before passing on his final 3 attempts.
- Spring Westfield TX boys blaze a US#1 40.86 Div. II 4x100 win, turning back top qualifier Rowlett TX, runners-up at 41.05.
- Dallas Skyline TX girls pick up a pair of sprint relay wins, improving on their own US#1 4x200 mark with a 1:37.22 winner over Serra CA (also under the existing US leader at 1:37.30), and blasting a US#2 46.04 4x100 win over Ft. Bend Hightower's 46.75.
- The Woodlands TX boys continue to dominate the distance relays with a US#1 10:06.12 DMR. A deep field finds Georgetown leading 7 other teams between 10:16 and 10:29
- Long Beach Poly CA girls also added to their relay golds with a third US#1: 12:10.38 DMR, beating The Woodlands TX (12:15.13) and Southlake Carroll TX (12:17.97). The finished off their weekend with a US#2 3:43.85 4x400, 2nd only to an Eleanor Roosevelt MD mark Saturday at the Florida Relays.
- Rowlett TX boys take the Div II. 4x200 in 1:26.04, over Killeen Ellison TX 1:26.99. Div. 1 4x200 winners are Giddings TX girls 1:42.61 and Dallas Madison TX boys 1:27.96
- Conroe TX boys claimed the final relay of the day, the 4x400, in 3:15.83
- Forney TX sr Chandrell Stephens turns back Fort Bend Hightower jr Franchelle Hill in the girls 100, recording a US#2 mark of 11.73 (1.9) to Hill's 11.75
- Dallas Christian TX sr Skye Dawson burns a 10.43 (1.8) victory over Rowlett TX sr Marquise Goodwin's runner-up 10.48
- A pair of windy 40-ft triple jumpers, with Whitney Rose (Pearland TX sr) the winner at 40-08.75w (3.6), and Melia Cox (Long Beach Poly CA soph), second at 40-03.50w (3.2)
- Converse Judson sr Taylor Rosser wins the girls discus with a 144-00 heave over Jill Rushin (Jackson TX sr) 142-02, then doubles in the throws with a 44-10.75 win in the SP
- Fastest 4x100 qualifiers from morning prelims are Dallas Skyline TX girls at 47.27 and Garland Rowlett TX boys, at 42.00.
Friday: 6 US#1s Fri, led by Whitt's #5 a-t 18-00.25 PV!!
- Norman North OK sr Jack Whitt, already US#1 in the pole vault, scales #5 all-time 18-00.25 meet record, and joins the exclusive 18-foot high school club
- Greenhills TX soph and NXN champ Chelsey Sveinsson picks up where she left off in the fall with a US#1 10:12.11 3200. The Woodlands TX jr Sarah Andrews, the previous #1, improves her PR to 10:21.34 in 2nd
- Long Beach Poly CA girls travel east and make the trip worthwhile with 2 US#1s, improving their own nation-leading 4x800 mark with a ten-second drop to a MR 9:07.95, and then running a US#1 4:01.37 in the 1600 SMR, with The Woodlands TX second in a US#2 4:02.86
- Zach Ornelas (Vista Ridge TX sr) scores a US#1 5:58.88 in the boys 2k Steeple, narrowly missing Jake Morse's meet record of 5:57.93
- Rowlett Tx sr Marquise Goodwin reaches a windy 25-02.75 (2.3) to win the boys long jump, but the series included a wind-legal US#1 24-10.75 (1.0)
- The Woodlands TX boys win the 4x800 in a US#2 7:46.06
- Marcus soph Craig Lutz continues his incredible 10th-grade year with a 9:03.99 3200
- Whitesboro TX sr Hayden Baillio wins discus showdown over a great field with 202-11, beating Matt Kosecki TX (201-08), Cameron Tabor OK (190-03) and Stephen Saenz TX (186-00).
- More great field marks from Texans Toddrick Allen (US#2 7-01.00 HJ), Rachel Fisher (13-00.00 PV) and Jessica Edwards (19-07.50w 2.4 LJ).
- Lancaster TX boys win the 1600 SMR in 3:29.06
- Fast but windy 100 qualifiers from Franchelle Hill (Fort Bend Hightower TX - 11.66w 3.8) and Marquise Goodwin (Garland Rowlett TX - 10.38w 3.4)
- Fastest qualifiers in the 4x200 come from Div II Dallas Skyline TX girls (1:38.02) and Div. II Lancaster TX boys 1:26.97, while Houston Lamar TX girls (3:48.21) and DeSoto TX boys (3:16.78) are tops in 4x400 prelims
- Current US#1 at 300H, Christina Holland (Converse Judson TX) leads 100H qualifying at 14.02 (1.6), while Andre Sanders (CP Vista Ridge TX) leads boys at 13.91w (2.4)