Friday's 3 US #1's, pics!
Meet's own website
- MD's Eleanor Roosevelt Girls US#1 4x400 - 3:46.26, Elan Hilaire's blazing 2nd leg USL 53.9!
- Dalilah Muhammad NY 1:31.11 600 (#9 all-time), also about 53.0 on 4x4 relay leg
- Takecia Jameson MD 1:12.61 500 (#6 a-t)
- Trenton Guy Jr. NC 6.30 55
- Sean Holston VA 33.68 300 #9 a-t (Guy Jr. 34.17)
Plus 3 more Friday night
- Also 4x2s: Uniondale NY girls US#2 1:40.41 and West Charlotte NC boys US#2 1:28.84
- Johnny Dutch NC 7.18
- VA's Pete Dorrell scorched the 3200 Friday in a US#1 9:10.76, places 2nd in the Mile Saturday, running a US#8 4:18.01 (VA's Mike Spooner came in first at 4:17.70)
- Bethel, VA's Shakia Forbes jumps US#2 19-6 (and 19-5.75) in girls Long Jump - Ashley Orr ties US#3 at 19-1.25
Expect a Tech weekend full of US #1's and possible national record attempts!
MINI PREVIEW BELOW (CLICK HERE FOR FULL PREVIEW)
Last year's Virginia Tech High School Invitational saw a national record for 300 meters from Bethel VA's Francena McCorory as well as a slew of US #1 and US top 5 performances. The 2007 Virginia Tech Invite with meet director Dan Ward under the helm for the second year in a row as the coordinator of traditionally one of the nation's top high school invitational promises to be just as strong if not the best ever at Rector Fieldhouse.
While Virginia's best track and field athletes will be in full force this weekend, the college town of Blacksburg will be invaded by some of the nation's best athletes and teams up and down the East Coast. The states of North Carolina, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York will all be represented.
Clayton NC sr Johnny Dutch fresh off his 7.07 national record in the 55 meter hurdles last weekend at the Eastern Challenge will look to break his own record again in the hurdle event. Meet director Dan Ward has attempted to setup for another national record in the meet with a special 600 meter dash invite field which includes the likes of Eleanor Roosevelt MD's Tameka Jameson and current US #1 for 400 meters (54.28) in Cardoza NY's Dalillah Muhammed. They will be looking to go after 2005 national record of 1:29.27 set by Janine Davis. Meanwhile, Robert E. Lee VA's Sean Holston, current US #1 for 300 (33.99) and 500 (1:03.93) meters is gunning to move well up the US all-time list for 300 meters.
In one of Jim Spier's most recent US top 5 updates, the entry list for the Virginia Tech Invite included a whopping total of 18 US top 5 performers! Hold tight! The banks of Blacksburg will be rolling this weekend!