Winslow, Collins Hill girls reign above all
US#3 team scores 19 with Winslow 18:01; Lord 15:49 fastest boy; Peachtree Ridge surprises in 5A boys
- Class 5A - Peachtree Ridge boys 85 over Collins Hill 99; Collins Hill girls 19 over North Gwinnett 85
- Class 4A - Marist boys 29 over Alexander 118; Marist girls 67 over Starr's Mill 118
- Class 3A - Flowery Branch boys 66 over North Hall 92; Columbus girls 116 over Riverwood 132
- Class 2A - Westminster boys 42 over Lovett 68; Lovett girls 49 over Westminster 56
- Class 1A - Our Lady of Mercy boys 47 over Wesleyan 57; Our Lady of Mercy girls 54 over Pace Academy 74
- Amanda Winslow and US#3/SE#2 Collins Hill redefined dominance in 5A with Winslow winning by 32 seconds in 18;01 (there was only one other sub-19:00 in other classes) and the Eagles scoring 19 points (5 in top 7). Runner-up SE#10 North Gwinnett scored 85, a huge 85 ahead of Parkview in 3rd. No other team on the day had a sub-20:00 average.
- SE bubble team Peachtree Ridge was something of a surprise winner in Boys 5A, scoring 85 to SE#6 Collins Hill's 99 in 5A, with Walton (138) and SE#7 Brookwood (166) following.
- Chapel Hill sr Taylor Lord, owner of a 14:43 5K at his county meet, had the fastest time of the day with a 15:49 over Parkview's Brian Detweiler in 5A. In 3A, Druid Hills' Nabil Hamid won a close battle with Woodward Academy's Nathan Vassey, 15:50 to 15:54.
- Riverwood's Bret McDaniel was the only girl in the classes below 5A to run sub-19:00, hitting 18:45 in 3A
- Marist also had outstanding domiance, placing 3 in the top 4 in 4A boys and winning by 89 points. They also won the girls 4A race easily
- Between them, Westminster and Lovett had 9 of the top 13 runners in Class AA, with Westminster prevailing, 42-68. Third was 63 points back. Our Lady of Mercy and Wesleyan similarly dominated Class A, with OLOM winning, 47-57. In girls 2A, Lovett beat Westminster this time, 49-56. Our Lady of Mercy swept the 1A races.