Midwest Meet of Champions
Saturday, June 10, 2006 - Withington Stadium, Jackson HS, Jackson MI
Meet is in Michigan for first time in 32-year history
Results from MW MOC - FAT, with wind readings
Boys Results - Girls Results - Highlights
Michigan girls take back team title from Ohio ... and Ohio boys come into Wolverine State and claim another championship on last event. Michigan takes first Dave Walker combined team trophy.
|Erin Humphrey MI (left) won the 400 and anchored the winning 4x400. Right photo, Chad Balyo OH (#1) ran away in the 2nd half of the 3200. Photos by Davey, runmichigan.com
Top Highlights (all athletes seniors):
- Girls Track MVP: Ypsilanti Lincoln MI Erin Humphrey dominates 400 (54.64) and anchors winning 4x400 (3:46.49).
- Boys Track MVP: Springboro OH's Chad Balyo goes 4:39+/4:24+ for 9:04.04 3200 romp
- Girls Field MVP: Detroit Renaissance MI's Lesly Hale puts together 5-6 / 18-01.75 HJ/LJ double
- Boys Field MVP: Seymour IN's Eric Werskey 185-03 / 58-04 DT/SP double
- Benton Harbor MI's Ashley Hine anchors both MI 4x100 (48.01) and 4x200 (1:41.11), and wins 100 in 12.45 (-1.8w)
- Akron Buchtel's Curtis Eaton takes 400 (47.86), then anchors winning 4x400 (3:13.19) in 47.7 to give Ohio the boys title.
- Saline's Eileen Creutz (10:43.50) leads Jackson's Kristina Olsen (11:03.13) and Rachel Severin (11:05.69) in Michigan 1-2-3 to clinch team title.
- Coldwater MI's Jay Billsborrow knocks 4 seconds off PR for 4:10.40 1600
- Jenny Morgan (4:58.53) leads Clarkston teammates Lisa Sickman (5:09.89) and Lyndsay Smith (5:12.36) in 1-4-6 Michigan performance.
- Ft. Wayne Northrup IN's Arthur Wims, after losing to Muskegon Orchard View MI's Clinton Allen in 100 (10.77-10.97 w/-1.7w), speeds 21.1h 200 (-0.7w). But Allen anchors winning 4x100 (41.77).
- Ben Davis IN's Keenan Hall just misses 24 feet in LJ (23-11.5).
- Ohio speeds 1:25.49 4x200.
- Morley-Standwood's Lauren Buresh 44-11.25 SP and Ogemaw Heights' Jessica Rutherford 142-10 DT give Michigan throws sweep.
- Warren Central IN's Joey Hodges wins 110H 14.38 (-1.5w), then edged in 300H by Medina OH's Frank Shotwell, 37.37-37.40.
- Ohio edges Michigan in 4x800, 7:39.2h to 7:39.9h, with anchor by Lakota East's William Johnson.