Meet's Own Site
Start Lists -
USA Roster -
Meet Details -
Men's Results - Women's Results
Highlights - Team NSSF women's relays best of the day WJ#2 44.29 4x100 and WJ#2 3:35.90 4x400
- Team NSSF WJ#2 44.29 4x100 with Bianca Knight MS, Brandi Cross TX, Shalina Clarke IL, Elizabeth Olear CA
- Team NSSF WJ#2 3:35.90 4x400 with Knight, Jessica Beard OH (fastest 53.2), Clarke, Cross
- Team NSSF men win 4x100, 4x400 in 40.67 and 3:12.50, both with Charles Clark VA, Karjuan Williams NC, Johnny Dutch NC, Trey Harts LA
- Men's 15/8 - Jack Bolas NC 4:05.67 1500 (38.5 last 300), PR 1:53.79
- Throws - Eric Flores 57-00 SP, 148-01 DT, 203-10 HT triple (David Schiedt 201-05); Kamorean Hayes NC 50-03.50 SP / 156-00 DT double
- Women's Sprints/Hurdles - Shalina Clarke 14.09 100H (-1.7w), Bianca Knight 11.35 100 (0.2w), Elizabeth Olear 23.74 200 (0.0w) after 2nd in 100
- Men's Sprints/Hurdles - Charles Clark VA 10.56 100 (0.6w), Trey Harts 21.21 200 (0.1w), Karjuan Williams 47.27 400, Johnny Dutch 51.72 400H.
- Saratogans sweep steeples - Greg Kelsey 9:25.89 3k (Acosta 2nd 9:35.63, hits barrier), Lindsey Ferguson 6:45.05 2k
- PVs - Katie Veith IN 12-6, Michael Morrison VA 17-00.75 (barely missed 17-9)
- Horz. Jumps - Gary Jones NY 49-05.50 TJ (-2.3w), Keith Graham SC 23-03.50 LJ, Nyeisha Wright CO 18-07.75 LJ (-3.5w) / 37-05.75 TJ (0.2w) double
(from nationalscholastic.org) The National Scholastic Sports Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of Junior age track and field in the United States, has named a team it will be sending to Carolina, Puerto Rico to compete in the first Caribbean Scholastic Invitational.
The Caribbean Scholastic Invitational (CSI) is being presented by the government of Puerto Rico and the City of Carolina, under the direction of Victor Lopez, former coach of Rice University in Houston. It will take place on Saturday evening, July 8, 2006, at the Roberto Clemente Sports Complex in Carolina, a suburb of San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The meet will feature athletes from the United States, Puerto Rico, the British Virgin Islands and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Most standard international events will be contested: 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500, 3000, 3000m Steeplechase, 100/110m hurdles, 400m hurdles, high jump, pole vault, long jump, triple jump, shot put, discus, hammer and javelin, as well as the 4x100m relay and 4x400m relay.
All U.S. high school athletes are invited to compete assuming they meet certain entry standards. Further information and registration is available at:
The NSSF will be sending the following athletes to the competition:
||Woodland Hills, CA
||Missouri City, TX
||Fort Wayne, IN
||Colorado Springs, CO
|Karlee Mc Quillen
||Lake Charles, LA
||Virginia Beach, VA
||Chapel Hill, NC
||New Bern, NC
1ST CARIBBEAN SCHOLASTIC INVITATIONAL
- Competition Date: Saturday July 8th, 2006
- Location: City of Carolina Track and Field Stadium, Puerto Rico
- Competition Division: High School/Juniors U20 – Men & Women
- Rules of the Competition: IAAF
- Facilities: The City of Carolina has a track and field stadium with a 400 meter synthetic track, and seating capacity for 5,000 spectators with all field events facilities, a sport medicine facility and a weight room.
- Parking: There are plenty of parking spaces in the Roberto Clemente Sport Complex.
- Sport Medicine: Professional Sport Medicine Services will be provided by the Sport Medicine Department of the Carolina Sports School.
- Warm up: Warm up area will be located behind the Guillermo Angulo Basketball Arena and in the outside area behind the second curve.
- Call Room: Athletes will check in at least an hour before their event at the tent located by the gate between the final warm up area and the track.
- Weigh in: All implements must be turned in and weighed in by the Technical Manager at least two (1) hour before the event for proper certification of such implements.
- Officials: La Asociacion de Oficiales de Atletismo Del Norte (AOAN) will be officiating the competition.
- Timing and TIC Cordero & De Jesus Meet Management & Timing System
- Meet Manager & Referee: Mr. Michael Serralta
- Technical Director Mr. Reinaldo Oliver
- Technical Manager Mr. Jorge Ortiz
- Events to be contested:
- Men -100, 200, 400, 800, 1,500, 5,000*, 110H, 400H, 3,000m steeplechase, 4x100, 4x400, HJ, PV, LJ, TJ, SP, DT, HT, JT
- Women – 100, 200, 400, 800, 1,500, 3,000*, 100H, 400H, 2000m steeplechase, 4x100, 4x400, HJ, PV, LJ, TJ, SP, DT, HT, JT.
- * Tentative
- Entries: Team from the NSSF USA Nationals, Members of the Puerto Rico National Junior Team, Members of the National Teams of Caribbean nations, Members of Other U.S. High School teams.
- Entry Deadline: Entries must be received no later than Monday July 3 th, 2006 .
TENTATIVE COMPETITION SCHEDULE
(Schedule subject to changes if necessary)
2:30pm Hammer Throw (W)
3:00 High Jump (W)
3:00 Pole Vault (W)
3:00 Long Jump (M)
3:00 Hammer Throw (W)
4:00 Shot Put (W)
4:00 Discus (M)
4:30 Long Jump (W)
4:30 High Jump (M)
5:00 Pole Vault (M)
5:00 Shot Put (M)
5:00 Discus (W)
6:00 Triple Jump (M)
6:00 Javelin (W)
7:00 Javelin (M)
7:30 Triple Jump (W)
5:00pm 4x100 (W)
5:10 4x100 (M)
5:20 1,500 (W)
5:30 1,500 (M)
5:45 100 H (W)
5:55 110 H (M)
6:05 400 (W)
6:15 400 (M)
6:25 100 (W)
6:30 100 (M)
6:40 800 (W)
6:50 800 (M)
7:00 400 H (W)
7:15 400 H (M)
7:30 200 (W)
7:40 200 (M)
7:50 2,000 Steeplechase (W)
8:05 3,000 Steeplechase (M)
8:25 4x400 (W)
8:35 4x400 (M)
* BECAUSE OF TIME CONSTRAINTS, THERE WILL BE NO QUALIFYING TO A FINAL IN THE HORIZONTAL JUMPS AND THROWING EVENTS. RATHER, EACH ATHLETE WILL BE GIVEN FOUR ATTEMPTS
For further information send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org