Final Instructions to Athletes
REGISTRATION –PRINCE GEORGE'S SPORTS AND LEARNING COMPLEX, SUITE “A”
(TRACK LEVEL) (Friday 5-10pm, Saturday 8am-6pm, Sunday 7am-noon)
Your packet is filed alphabetically via school name. Since biographical information is now included in the entry blank, there is no necessity to fill out a bio card.
USATF card – you must have a valid USATF card in order to pick up your packet. If you do not have one, you may purchase one at registration or at the USATF web site, www.usatf.org . If you have a valid USATF card, but for some reason do not have it with you, you may fill out a waiver stating that fact.
Each school receives one coach's admission bracelet for coach or adult accompanying athlete. Any additional passes may be purchased at Registration on Friday night, or at the Admission area during and before competition hours.
COMPETITOR NUMBERS/IDENTIFICATION ARE TO BE WORN ON THE FRONT ONLY, EXCEPT FOR POLE VAULT AND THE ANCHOR OF THE RELAYS. RELAY
ANCHORS WILL BE GIVEN A TEAM NAME BIB TO WEAR ON THE FRONT, AND
THEIR INDIVIDUALLY NAMED BIB IS TO BE WORN ON THE BACK.
All coaches must fill in relay cards prior to their teams' relay check-in. This allows for accuracy in reporting relay members in the results.
HOTEL SHUTTLES TO THE PG COMPLEX and REGISTRATION
There will be a continuous shuttle between all meet hotels and Prince George 's Complex. (Friday from 4:00-11:00pm, Saturday from 7:30am-10:00pm, and Sunday from 6:00am-6:30pm).
ADMISSION TO THE PG COMPLEX
ATHLETES – Admission is via the competition number. Athletes are to enter only through the door marked “ATHLETES”.
COACHES – Enter through normal admission gate and show admission bracelet.
All others must purchase admission bracelets.
- Friday, March 11, 7:00-9:00pm. All athletes are admitted free of charge. For all others (coaches, parents, friends) there is a $10.00 admission charge. Tickets will be available at registration.
SPIKES – ¼” Only
- All ¼” spikes are allowed except for the “Christmas tree” design.
Athletes may warm up in the upper level warm-up track, limited to 10 individuals at any one time. Please use that track only within 1 hour of your event. The entrance is via the door at the end of the backstretch and will be so marked. Hurdles will be provided in a special area on the lower track and not on the warm-up track. Access to that track is from track level only.
Flats ONLY are allowed on the warm-up track. NO STARTING BLOCKS are allowed on the warm-up track.
- Warm-up will also be permitted at the Prince George 's facility on Friday, March 11 from 9am until 5pm. The track will be closed at 5pm for the evening for the Sprint Summit .
ALL POLE VAULTERS MUST BE SUPERVISED BY THEIR RESPECTIVE COACHES.
YOUTH EVENTS WARMUP
- All Youth Event members MUST be accompanied by an adult when warming up on the upper level warm-up track
FINALISTS AND AWARDS
Immediately after your race, please go to the awards area. Unless you feel that you were definitely not in the top 6, you must proceed to the awards area. Championship rings will be awarded to each winner (including relays). Medals will be issued to the first six places. The first six places will be named NSSF All Americans . All-American Certificates will be distributed at the awards ceremony.
AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION ON SUNDAY, MARCH 13
- A complimentary shuttle to Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) airport will operate hourly beginning at 2:30pm on Sunday, March 13. Busses will depart from the main entrance of the facility. The last bus is scheduled to leave the complex at 6:00pm.
LUGGAGE STORAGE ON SUNDAY, MARCH 13
Those who wish to store their luggage prior to airport departure, may do so in the area provided in the PG complex. The luggage area will be prominently marked. While there will be security in the luggage storage area, the NSSF is not responsible for lost/stolen articles. ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT (CDs, Radios, cameras, etc) IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE COMPETITION AREA