web site | USATF
web site | Paris
organizers site | TV schedule |
for the Course - Doug Speck comments on the distractions in Paris
- Day 9 Sunday Aug 31 - USA sprinters
win three relays.
- Day 8 Saturday Aug 30 - Allen Johnson
leads 1-2-4-5 USA finish in 110H. Kelli White tests positive; without
her, USA loses 4x100 final to Jamaica.
- Day 7 Friday Aug 29 - John Capel, Darvis
Patton go 1-2 in 200m final.
- Day 6 Thursday Aug 28 - Kelli White
doubles. Sandra Glover gets silver.
- Day 5 Wednesday Aug 27 - Tom Pappas
- Day 4 Tuesday Aug 26 - Allyson Felix
turns pro, then runs 6th and out in 200m quarters. Jerome
Young leads 1-2-6 USA showing in 400. Tom Pappas second in decathlon
after Day 1.
- Day 3 Monday Aug 25 - Men's 100 sprinters
and Stacy Dragila fall, women hurdlers win big.
- Day 2 Sunday Aug 24 -
Women's 100 semis, 400H first round, 400m first round (Sanya Richards).
Men's 100 first two rounds, 400m 2nd round
- Day 1 Saturday Aug 23 - Adam
Nelson gets silver, Kelli White (100m) and men's 400m runners lead heats.
- Youth Movement on Team USA - Allyson
Felix, "the best-known 17-year-old in the world of track and field,"
is one of five athletes under 21.
- Team USA announced - Allyson Felix is on
Allyson Felix tries out new
adidas shoes at Paris
photo by Victah Sailer
Gonzalez' insider story on the Felix decision to turn pro
- TV Schedule (from Walt Murphy)
August 26 ESPN2 2-4pm
August 27 ESPN2 2:30-4:30pm
August 28 ESPN2 2:30-4:30pm
August 29 ESPN2 2:30-4:30pm
August 30 ESPN2 4:30-6:30pm
August 31 ABC 12:30-4:00pm