- Wednesday night at Thornridge High School, senior Keith Hopkins (Thornwood) ran
13.8 and 38.5 in the 110 HH and 300 IH. These are the top hurdle times in the state so far this season. Hopkins was the Class AA '03 state champ in the 110 HH and took second in the 300 IH race.
- The Belleville West Invitational (Belleville H.S.) was the best boys meet in the state this Saturday. A lot of great marks were put up, some of which rank nationally on the Dyestat Outdoor Leaderboards. Here are some of the top marks:
- Stephen Harden (Sr., East St. Louis) lept 47' 7.75" in the triple jumps, which is easily the best mark in the state right now.
- Hurdler Matt Harden (Sr., O'Fallon) won the 110HH in 14.2, and won the 300IH in 38.7. Great opening marks by Harden.
- East St. Louis High School put up some great relay times. In the 400m relay they ran 41.7, in the 800m relay they blazed 1:27.1, and in the 1600m relay they went 3:18.6.
- Class A defending state champ in the high jump, Jon Reagan (Sr., Freeburg), lept 6' 9" to win the high jump.
- At Riverside-Brookfield H.S. on Saturday at the Riverside-Brookfield Invitational, senior Pat Whalen (Jacobs) shot put 60' 9" to become the first Illinois shot putter this year to go over the sixty foot mark. Great job by Whalen.
- At the Thornridge Invitational (Thornridge H.S.) junior Stephen Benjamin (Leo) lept 47' 1" in the triple jump and 22' 7.5" in the long jump.
- Two solid 1600m marks were put up Saturday. Matt Withrow (Sr., Andrew) ran 4:18.2 at the Argo Invitational (Argo H.S.), while Eric MacTaggart (Sr., Glenbard South) ran 4:20.6 at the Glenbard South Invitational (Glenbard South H.S.).
- On Saturday at the Kaneland Invitational at Kaneland H.S., Sarah Landau (Sr., Geneva) vaulted 11' 6" in the pole vault, to easily win the event.
- Saturday at the Homewood-Flossmoor Invite (Homewood-Flossmoor H.S.) some really good marks were put up (all F.A.T):
- Megan Thompson (Sr., Joliet Twp.) ran 15.44 in the 100m HH, which is the top mark in the state this year.
- Barrington's 3200m relay squad started off the outdoor season on a high note as they ran 9:36.18.
- The throwing events were a highlight of the meet. Brittany Riley (Sr., Homewood-Flossmoor) won the discus in 142' 1.5" and took second in the shot put in 39' 2". Carrie Carpenter (Sr., Rock Island) threw 43' 3" to win the shot put, while she took second in the discus with a toss of 129' 6".
- Some very good 400m marks have been put up this weekend. At the Wheaton North Invitational (Wheaton North H.S.), Justin Harrison (Sr., Wheaton Warrenville South) ran 48.0 to win the event. At the Glenbard South Invite Thornwood senior Jeremy Johnson had a great day, winning the 400m race in 48.4, while Lee McGinnis (Sr., Glenbard South) took second in the race in 49.0. Johnson also won the 100m dash (11.0) and 200m dash (22.0).